Guidelines for clubs applying to enter 2021 Champion of Champions Tournament:
- Clubs must apply by July 23rd for competing in Champion of Champions each tournament year
- BBA will assign Champion of Champions oversite committee for each event made up of members from various clubs participating
- Have been a club for at least two years
- Have at least 10 teams
- Fish at least six club events per year
- Track AOY or some other metric for determining top six teams
- Have some type of authority such as individual, or board that manages club
Tournament committee is made up of representatives from clubs in the event as assigned by BBA’s board:
- Representative cannot be fishing in tournament
- Representative cannot represent more than one club
- Tournament committee is responsible for overseeing weigh-in and making any on site decisions needed and overseeing payout
BBA will conduct coordination meeting with clubs competing to finalize rules before event.
Lake will be selected during this coordination meeting.
- Top six anglers from each club that can attend
- Event is by invitation only / no walk ups. Names from each club that will be competing, and team assignments must be submitted at least one week before the event to BBA
- Entry Fee: $110 per team (made up of one or two anglers)
- This includes $10 big fish pot for teams
- $10 goes toward tournament fund
- 100% payout. 50% first place, 30% second place, 20% third place
- With 30 boats this would be $1,500 first, $900 second, and $600 third.
- Must wear life jacket when big motor is running and in gear
- Late Penalty – must be within the no wake area at boat ramp area and not fishing by weigh in time. There will be a ½ pound penalty per minute late.
- Dead fish penalty of 4oz or.25 on scales per dead fish
- Cannot weigh a dead fish for your “big fish”
- Spots must be at least 12 inches and large mouths must be at least 16 inches in length
- Any short fish weighed in will be thrown out along with your largest fish
- You may only have a maximum of five fish in your live well when arriving or weigh in inside the weigh in area’s no wake zone and ramp area. Violation penalty is a dead fish penalty
- You must check in before tournament begins to be enrolled in the tournament and pay your entry fee.
- During this tie your live wells will be checked and tagged
- There is no re-trailering from the put-in to other ramps
- Registration one hour before safe light
- Launch safe light
- Weigh in is 3pm EST